Resource published Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 06:42PM UTC edited Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:08PM UTC
Nonprofit Webinars FAQ for Presenters Edit Title
Table of Contents
Q. How do I present one of your webinars?
A. Fill out our Presenter Application and either Nonprofit Webinars Director Sam Frank or Tech Tuesday host Cheri Weissman will get back to you. Check out our Past Nonprofit Webinars and our Upcoming Nonprofit Webinars .
Q. Are there any requirements for presenters?
A. All presenters must have deep subject area expertise and experience as speakers.
Requirements for the presentation:
- excellent content, well presented
- an exclusively educational presentation, free of any impression of marketing or sales
- material aimed at / slanted to nonprofits, rather than the business or public sectors
- a primary target audience of senior staff and trustees in mid-sized nonprofits or larger, rather than start-ups or very small organizations
- a window of exclusivity (i.e. we don't want to offer webinars that have been widely promoted through a different provider within a few months before or after our webcast)
- ability and willingness to promote the webinar series as a whole, not just your own
- good registration numbers for the webinar itself
We require that all presenters create a profile on 4Good. We also require that you help us promote the entire Nonprofit Webinars series, by joining 4Good's marketing ambassadors program.
While we require that all presentations be educational and entirely non-promotional, presenters are welcome to include limited information about the products and services they offer at the very end of the webinar (such as a slide with a code for a discount on a recent book) and presenters are welcome to follow up with people who attended the webinar.
Q. How do I submit my listing?
A. After confirming your webinar date, time and topic with the series host, please follow the steps below:
To create your webinar listing, click on the "+" icon in the upper right-hand corner of any page. Then add a title, description, including three or more take-aways, and appropriate tags. Make sure to select "Event" and include the date and time based on your own timezone. Then click on "Preview."
In the preview, review what you've written, then click on the "Collaborate" button. Add 4Good as an Editor and then click "Done."
Don't hit "Publish" quite yet! We will review your description, then take care of the rest. We'll send you an email once your page is published.
You can also watch Creating Your Nonprofit Webinars Post on 4Good for a step-by-step video demo.
Q. What do I need to do to prepare for my webinar?
A. There are few things that you'll will need to do to prepare for your webinar:
- Create a profile on 4Good, and post your webinar listing (we'll send you instructions once we've confirmed your date, time and topic)
- Make sure to promote your session and the series as a whole.
- Follow 4Good on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn.
- Prepare a 55 minute presentation. Try to include 5-10 minutes for questions. You can also include poll questions for the audience.
- Add our branded introduction and conclusion slides to your deck (we'll send them to you about one week before your presentation).
- Make sure to follow our Nonprofit Webinars Presenter Help collection for more helpful tips.
Q. How do I send 4Good my slides?
A. You won't need to send us your slides before your session, but we will ask you to attach your slides to your webinar's page on the day of your session, for our archives. The week before your webinar we'll send you our branded introduction and conclusion slides for you to add to your deck, and instructions for adding your slides to your webinar post.
Q. What are the technical requirements for presenters?
A. Presenters must be able to share their screens through GoToWebinar. GoToWebinar is compatible with Macs and PCs, but please note that you will not be able present through a tablet or through the Chromebook.
You must also have your own presentation software, such as PowerPoint or Keynote. We recommend using a landline telephone for your audio, and suggest that you have a headset, as well.
Q. How are the webinars promoted?
A. 4Good promotes the webinars through the 4Good website, and in our weekly e-blasts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ pages. We expect all presenters to promote their own webinar through email campaigns, their website, and/or social media. We also expect all presenters to regular promote the entire series by joining 4Good's marketing ambassadors program.
Q. If something comes up, may I change the date of my webinar?
A. No, our dates are firm and we don't reschedule.
Q. Who pays for the cost of the webinars?
A. 4Good covers most of the costs, including the GoToWebinar account and any costs involved in our promotions. You shouldn't incur any costs outside of your time, but if you do, we can't compensate presenters.
Q. How often may I present a webinar?
A. You can present as often as once per quarter, with priority given to presenters with highest attendance.
Q. What are the benefits of presenting a Nonprofit Webinar?
A. Presenting one of our webinars can give you broad exposure for your expertise.
- Get your name and expertise in front of our ~60,000 strong 4Good community
- Raise your visibility with other presenters and other nonprofit professionals in the 4Good community,
- Increase traffic and followers for your 4Good profile
- Elevate your position as a thought leader and drive more business or professional advancement.
- After your presentation, you'll be able to follow up with attendees.
Attach docs, images, videos, and files by dragging & dropping here, or select files.