Communities In Schools of Tacoma Edit Name
Organization joined Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:37PM UTC
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. We do this by providing the 5 Basics:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to community and peers
Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest drop-out prevention organization.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, Communities In Schools provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
Organization type Nonprofit Edit Type