Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
• Frustrated with board members saying that they’ll help – only to see nothing happen?
• Tired of fundraising being an afterthought at board meetings?
• Waiting for the day when others will be as excited about fundraising as you once... (continued)
Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
Donor retention (how many donors continue to give to your organization after their first gift) is at an all-time low. It’s abysmal and worrisome.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals found that 70% of all donors that... (continued)
With these resources shared on 4Good you can empower your board to make effective decisions and guide your nonprofit to success.
Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
This webinar is designed to help nonprofits identify funding options and resources to finance their social venture efforts. A panel of fundraising experts and practitioners will discuss the ins and outs of social venture fundraising, including:
- Types of funding available to nonprofit social enterprises -... (continued)
Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
Every nonprofit needs resources for professional development; tools for enhancing board governance, planning, operations and fundraising; and access to expertise. Some even generate revenue and awareness from the intellectual property they have developed. 4Good brings together free online professional development with... (continued)
What is 4Good?
4Good is a project of DonateWell and the community for social impact. 4Good exists to empower nonprofits, social enterprises, and community groups by connecting like-minded professionals and community members, and by empowering the sharing of a wealth of resources from which they may benefit.
Who is 4Good... (continued)
Table of Contents
Q: What is 4Good?
A: 4Good is an online collaboration site for the nonprofit community. You can think of 4Good as a social community for social impact. We want to strengthen nonprofits, social enterprises and others who want to do good by making it easy and rewarding for nonprofit organizations, foundations and consultants to share... (continued)
Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
Do you / your organization have a structured way to document, prioritize and track most important relationships? Many non-profits ‘sell’ without calling it that - donors, community partners, or clients. This webinar will introduce a ‘sales... (continued)
Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
It's no coincidence that many great grant proposal writers once worked as journalists. Like proposal writers, journalists have a knack for telling clear, compelling stories using quotes and objective evidence.
This webinar, led... (continued)
Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
Spreadsheets are valuable and affordable tools that are accessible to any grant proposal writer. Yet, some writers groan at the thought of using Excel or similar programs to work with numbers and other data.
If you are such a grant writer, this webinar will provide a concise introduction (or re-introduction!) to spreadsheets and how to... (continued)
David is the co-founder and CEO of Good Done Great, a digital firm working to help philanthropists with tools and strategies to ensure their giving is bringing about the results they seek.
David has been working to bring better digital tools to nonprofits since 1999. His passion for effective, meaningful and measurable impact in... (continued)
Nonprofit leaders, especially the executive director or CEO, play an important role in fundraising for their organizations. Use these tools the experts shared on 4Good to make sure that you can lead your nonprofit's fundraising efforts.
You need a comprehensive view of your organization's fundraising. Download Nancy... (continued)
The people who work at your nonprofit are some of the most important stakeholders for your organization and can make your organization a success or a failure. Use these tips and tools shared on 4Good.org to help foster positivity and dedication at your nonprofit.
One of the first steps that your nonprofit needs to take to... (continued)
You know that your nonprofit needs to thank donors, and thank them often. If you feel like your current "thank yous" aren't showing your true gratitude, use these resources shared on 4Good to show donors show your appreciation.
1. Have a strategy before you start. For everything that you need to consider when developing marketing materials, read Numa Communications' easy-to-use Nonprofit Publications That Get Results: 6 Steps for Creating Highly Effective Marketing Collateral Regardless of Your Budget .
2. Consider your audience. Make... (continued)
Learn more about nonprofit financial management and be ready for this budget season with these articles and templates shared on 4Good.org.
Many nonprofits have earned income strategies to supplement or replace traditional grants and donations. In fact, according to the NCCS, 72% of nonprofit revenue comes from program services. For example, your local symphony sells tickets to their performances. For more examples and exercises to see if this sort of strategy is right for your... (continued)
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1pm EDT / 10am PDT
Experiencing generational communication challenges and problems? You are not alone! Sherri Petro of VPI Strategies shares her top 10 generational gems gleaned from the over 250 generational workshops she has conducted. You will increase your generational quotient and reduce the misunderstandings that abound with multiple... (continued)
You can find the slides and recordings for all of our past webinars right here!
If you're looking for future sessions, check out our Upcoming Nonprofit Webinars.
- Your ‘Easy Money’ Strategy: 9 Keys to Retaining Donors by claire axelrad
- Webinar: Before You Hire an Architect: Reduce Costs and Risks, Produce Better Results by Sam Frank
- Effective Delegation by Claudette Rowley
- What Your Sponsors Really Want webinar by Mazarine Treyz
- Creative Ways to Get More Facebook Engagement in 2015 by John Haydon
- Nonprofit Webinar: Engage Investors with Powerful, Passionate Copywriting! by Dalya Massachi
- Building Stakeholder Commitment to Your Goals by Rick Lent
- Grow Your Major Gifts: Then Don't Let Them Wither on the Vine -- Learn to Make Dynamic 'Moves' and Passionate 'Asks' by claire axelrad
- Upcoming Nonprofit Webinars by 4Good
- Do You Need a Feasibility Study? by Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE
You may have recently heard about the security issue known as Heartbleed, a bug affecting many of the websites and services you use everyday. Like many other websites, we took immediate action to patch the vulnerability and 4Good is no longer vulnerable.
Although we have no evidence of malicious behavior, as a security... (continued)
Your nonprofit's mission statement drives and defines your organization. It should act as the motivation for staff, leadership and all of your supporters. If you're not sure what a mission statement is, read Montana Nonprofit Association's short article Q&A - Vision, Mission, Values Defined . Take these three... (continued)
1. Find your organization's strength and weaknesses. That means an organizational assessment. To get a quick snapshot of your organization by the end of the day, download Nonprofit Management Services' :marilyn-donnellan-president/the-one-hour-organizational-assessment .
2. Don't let your organization stall out. Watch... (continued)
Board members, executives, program managers and even donors should make sure that they know a little bit about nonprofit accounting and financial management.
For general information that almost every nonprofit staff person and board member should know, read BoardsThatExcel's short article... (continued)
Make sure that you exceed your fundraising goals this year with these tips and strategies shared on 4Good.org.
1. Involve your volunteers in fundraising. Tap into their skills, social networks and enthusiasm to help your nonprofit raise more money. Download Vantage Points's... (continued)
Developing nonprofit leadership skills, and leadership in your co-workers, is key for the longevity and strength your organization and the entire nonprofit community. Get started by following these five tips.
- Master working virtually. Your ability to lead needs to reach beyond your office, across many sites and multiple... (continued)
Meaningful social impact needs to go beyond your nonprofit. Learn how to collaborate with other organizations with these tools shared on 4Good.
First, explore the different ways you can work with other organizations. Read Kylie Hutchinson's Rethinking Collaboration different suggestions.
If you're not sure... (continued)