National Council for Geographic Education Edit Name
Organization joined Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 02:36PM UTC
The National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) is a non-profit organization, chartered in 1915 to enhance the status and quality of geography teaching and learning. NCGE supports geography teaching at all levels—from kindergarten through university. Our members include both U.S. and International teachers, professors, students, businesses, and others who support geographic education.
The National Council for Geographic Education works to enhance the status and quality of geography teaching and learning.
The NCGE serves this mission in order to:
· Promote and support geography education;
· Enhance the preparation of geography educators with respect to their knowledge of content, techniques, and learning processes;
· Facilitate communications and professional development among teachers of geography;
· Encourage and support research on geography education;
· Develop, publish, and promote the use of curriculum, resources, and learning materials;
· Recognize exceptional supporters and teachers of geography; and
· Collaborate with other organizations that have similar goals.
Organization type Business Edit Type