Vermont Center for Independent Living Edit Name
Organization joined Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:00PM UTC
Since 1979, the Vermont Center for Independent Living has provided disability rights and advocacy services to people with disabilities and the Deaf and hard of hearing. VCIL is a cross-disability organization and offers a wide range of services for individuals throughout all regions of Vermont. Dedicated staff and volunteers work through numerous to provide services that help people with disabilities to live independently with integrity and full participation in communities.
Individualized services include:
• Information and Referral (I & R)
• Benefits-to-Work counseling
• Funding for home and community access modifications
• Meals on Wheels for people with disabilities under age 60
• Peer Advocacy counseling for individual and group support, referral, and education/training on self-advocacy
• Funds for adaptive equipment and assistive technology
VCIL’s central office is located in Montpelier with regional offices located in Bennington, Brattleboro, Burlington, Newport, and Rutland where field staff provide outreach to communities throughout Vermont.
Organization type Business Edit Type